If you are the owner of a garage or auto body repair shop, you know that the risks are endless, whether they are liability risks or environmental risks. Luckily, you have garage insurance in place to take care of accidents and injuries on the job site, but it is up to you to handle and lower the risks that affect the environment.
Last week, we discussed the importance of recycling solvents in your auto body shop. We focused the blog on recycling solvents on-site but this week, we are focusing on recycling solvents off-site. Here are a few things you should know:
• If you decide to ship solvent waste to an off-site location, look for a facility that processes waste solvent and returns clean solvent to you.
• If you cannot find a facility that does this, look for one that recycles for reuse as cleaning or other solvent, not fuel!
• Make sure that the recycler that you choose is permitted by Department of Toxic Substances Control. You may want to check their compliance history, as well.
• Off-site solvent recycling may cost up to $18,000/year.
• If you are an off-site recycler, you are in charge of obtaining all essential permits and maintaining regulatory compliance at the facility.
Whether you recycle solvents on-site or off-site, you are still doing your part to recycle and save. At Wolpert Insurance, we believe that you should constantly be looking to improve your business. Recycling solvents is beneficial, so what are you waiting for?
If you are more concerned about discussing coverage for your auto body shop, contact our agency today. We would be more than happy to provide you with a free garage insurance quote.